ToolKit is a Windows® desktop program that supports the rapid development and hosting of user-friendly interface tools for Woodward electronic products. Interface tools can be created for many different functions such as service, configuration, commissioning, calibration, testing or operation. These interfaces allow viewing/editing of control values using many different visual components such as text boxes, gauges, bar charts, trend charts, etc.
ToolKit is designed specifically to interface with Woodward products including programmable (GAP™ / MotoHawk) and non-programmable controls. It supports communications via RS-232/-422/-485 serial, CAN, or Ethernet TCP/IP networks.
ToolKit is ideal for Woodward electronic product users that need cost-effective and easy-to-use software interface tools or operator control panels.
- Basic license is included free of charge in the ToolKit download. Depending on the level of security designed in, it allows users the ability to work with existing ToolKit-created tools to configure, calibrate, monitor, and troubleshoot their Woodward-based product.
- Advanced license (part number 8447-5002) includes the following:
- All the features of the Basic license
- Unlimited plots per trend chart and trend on the fly windows
- Unlimited data log view plots
- Unlimited calculated plots
- Export all data logged parameters to a test file even if not charted
- Developer license (part number 8928-5016) includes all the features of the Advanced license as well as the ability to create and edit custom ToolKit tools.
ver. 7.0.1 Release NotesResolved Issues
- ToolKit Automation CreateToolSpecification function fails with improper schema specification for PageIndex.
- ToolKit crashes when holding Shift and selecting another table row/column.
- Toolkit crashes immediately after starting.
ver. 7.0 Release NotesFeature Highlights
Export Trend Chart and Data Log Data to .csv Text Files
Trend chart data and data log files can be exported to comma separated text (.csv) files. The .csv export also allows one time column in the file. In cases where samples are at different rates or have their own individual date/time stamp, the export function will add samples using the previous sample value. This allows every sample's date/time to be represented in the file. The .csv file is consistent and compatible with Control Assistant's csv import/export functionality.
Export Trend Chart and Data Log Options
When exporting, you can select from a set of export options. Options include exporting all parameters in the data log file, exporting only data between the cursors, including calculated plots and all plot data regardless of the chart zoom level. In addition, you can select a resample time to export fewer samples from very large data logs.
Open .csv Data Log Files
ToolKit can now open .csv text data log files in the data log viewer. Once opened, all of the chart features can be used to display the data including merging and overlaying other .csv files on the same chart. The .csv file format must follow the specified format in order for ToolKit to parse it correctly. Additionally, .csv file created from Control Assistant can be opened.
Open .tmd Data Log Files
NetSim/nVe data log files can be opened in the data log viewer.
Apply Sorting and Keyboard Shortcuts to the Trend Chart/ Data Log Plot Listing
The plot properties dialog allows sorting of the plots by name or by data log source by clicking the appropriate column header. Additional column header clicks will toggle between ascending/descending order Also, plot order can be changed using keyboard shortcuts. Pressing Ctrl + Up/Dn arrow keys moves the selected plot up or down in the list. The Delete key will now delete the plot from the list. All changes are immediately reflected in the legend of the chart.
Improved Trend/Data Log Chart Zooming and Undo
All Zoom-in actions are now stored so that they can be undone when clicking the Zoom-Out button. This makes for a better experience when using the Zoom-In and Zoom-Out buttons
Support Binary Data Log File's Tag Name as a Separate Legend Column
When adding a parameter to the plot listing from a binary data log file (DATA_LOG_M GAP block), the tag name attribute will be used as the plot label. For ToolKit data log files, the parameter name will be used. For .csv and .tmd files the column header will be used. Also, a Parameter Name column is available on the chart legend.
Hide Trend/Data Log Chart Legend Columns
Visibility of legend columns in the trend/data log charts can now be specified. This functionality works similar to Windows File Explorer. Right-click the legend header area and check/uncheck the desired columns to display or hide. The visibility settings will be persisted in the ToolKit application properties. Settings for the data log viewer will be separate from the Trend Chart settings. This allows you to have different legend configurations for Trends and Data Logs. Tool Developers can configure column visibility on embedded trend charts as well.
New ToolKit License Level
To be consistent with our license strategy in other tools that ToolKit will eventually replace such as Control Assistant, this release of ToolKit will have a new Advanced level that requires license authorization. This Advanced level is between the Basic (free) and Developer levels. The part number for this license level is 8447-5002.
- Clearing trend data in the trend chart tear off window does not get cleared in the embedded trend chart the tear off window was created from
- Clicking on the properties button of a trend chart when a plot is being edited in the plot legend results in an unhandled exception
- .wtool tool files disappear
- Toolkit crashes when selecting buffered panel in design mode
- Unable to save application.properties file
- Issue with changed texts of logic lists and analog lists or analog or logic managers copied from other projects into a wtool. (TK 6.4 Rev1. 345)
- Tool takes a long time to save
- Datalog plot time zoom changes Y scale
- Toolkit Crashes with CAN reconnection
- Data log: Exporting calculated plots doesn't work properly when zoomed in.
- Multiple copies of same directory in SID directories
- Unhandled exception when exporting trend chart data to a file that is open in another process
- Datalog Plot Shift Zoom Sometimes does Y axis also
- Y1, Y2, Y Delta, Min, Max, Avg, Change/sec chart properties always report NaN
- Trend chart zoom undo/redo does not work consistently
- Microsoft Windows® 11, 10, 8.1, 7, Vista (32- & 64-bit)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
- 1GHz or faster x86 or x64 processor
- 1GB of RAM
- Minimum 1024 by 768 pixel screen resolution
- Appropriate communication hardware (e.g. Serial Port, CAN adapter, Ethernet)
- IXXAT or Kvaser CAN adapter and driver as appropriate
ToolKit requires that the Microsoft .NET Framework be installed. The ToolKit installation will attempt to install the .NET Framework from the Internet; but you can also obtain the .NET Framework Redistributable package from the link below.
Click here for the .NET Framework Redistributable Package.
- The first step in installing ToolKit is to download the file from this page. This file is an installation program that will step you through the installation process.
- After downloading this file, run it and follow the instructions on the setup dialogs.
To verify the integrity of the downloaded file, use one of the hashing algorithms to compare against the hashes below.
MD5 Hash: 0402E2427993C47FF9D298FB8D05FB9C
SHA1 Hash: 48B05E5FE08CAFFFC8C03C87612B9485D25C8174